Meal prepping can seem like a lot to a first-timer, but all it takes is one time to get the hang of it. Meal prepping will save you a lot of time during the week when you’re on the go, taking care of the family, or commuting to and from work and the gym. All you'll need to do is grab your prepped containers and hit the road, no stressing about what’s going to hit your macros or what you need to make for dinner. You can follow the below steps to get started:
- Plan in advance! Navigate to next Monday (for example) in the app tapping the header to open up a calendar view.
- Use the Fill Macros button for quick (and delicious) ideas that will hit your macros.
- Or, think of some of your go-to’s or things you're familiar with, like eggs and toast or oatmeal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, or your favorite afternoon pick-me-up snack.
- Once you’ve gotten those green thumbs up, you can tap text or email menu in the floating menu button to send yourself a list of the foods you have logged so you have a grocery list handy on your phone.
- Visit the grocery store and get all the food you need according to the list.
- Before your week starts, cook and prep your meals and separate the appropriate serving size amounts into different containers. The amounts should match what you have logged for your macros in the app.
- Since you’ll be repeating some of the same meals throughout the week, use the Copy Yesterday’s Foods feature in the floating menu button to easily log those for the following days.