This is a really common question, and the answer is … it depends! As a general rule of thumb, whether you are on Fat Loss or Muscle Gain, you want to make sure you have truly plateaued before switching to the next phase.
The most important question to ask yourself "Am I getting all 3 green thumbs daily?" If not, focus on that first! You'd be surprised at how much this can help your results!
If so, let’s walk through a little questionnaire to see where you’re at:
- Has your weight changed by at least 0.5 lbs per week on average?
- Are your measurements showing a change?
- Do your photo comparisons show any difference?
- Are your clothes fitting differently?
- Do you feel better on a daily basis, or has your performance in the gym improved?
- Has it been less than 2 weeks that you’ve tracked the above factors?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then stay put on your current phase!
If you answered yes to some and no to others, then still stay where you are and use the next week to continue monitoring progress.
If you answered no to all of them, then go ahead and move to the next phase.
We have structured the plans into three progressive phases to ensure you see continual progress over the long run. If you jump to the next phase prematurely, it could make the subsequent phases less effective and put you at macros that your body isn’t quite ready for yet. Remember, slow and steady is the name of the game.