We have a few primary differences from other food-tracking apps:
- Custom Macros: We offer custom macros based on your age, gender, height, weight, activity level, and specific goal settings (like Fat Loss, Muscle Gain, or Maintenance). Other apps will give you numbers based off a basic metabolic rate, which tends to be too low for most people and starts you off at too large of a deficit, whereas Macrostax numbers get your body working for you.
- Meal Builder: Macrostax offers a variety of different ways to help you build meals, because we know everyone has different preferences. Our Fill Macros feature provides a variety of delicious meals, recipes and foods that are custom-calculated to meet your specific macros. If you prefer to input your own foods, you can use the database search or barcode scanner for access to over 850,000 entries. You can also use Custom Food for specialty foods not found in the database or for your own recipes.
- Macro Breakdowns: Our macro plans also include different macros for your workout days, rest days, and refeed days. You can easily select between these options on the same tab as your meal building. Your macros will also be broken down into five meal suggestions: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner.
- Nutrient Timing: You can set your workout time of day (morning, afternoon, or evening) and let the app calibrate the appropriate macros for your pre and post workout meals for optimum performance nutrition.
- Progression: We know achieving your personal goals isn’t going to happen over night, so we also include progressive phases that are higher/lower in calories (depending if you are on Fat Loss or Muscle Gain), to help you see progress over the long run.
- Support: Our in-app StaxChat gives you access to a nutrition coach at any time if you ever need help with anything. And our private Facebook group isn’t something to brush over either. With over 13,000+ people just like you helping each other, you'll find some amazing support in the community that is very close and active!